Monday 23 December 2013

Cafe Hopping!

Been looking forward to update my blog but was having difficulty transferring my pictures over to my laptop. Finally my sis is back from Nepal and I can make use of her USB cable and my pictures are finally successfully transferred!

This week was one busy week for me because it was spent catching up with friends. On Monday and Tuesday, roomie and I finally had our roomie stayover! It was good time spent because even though we stay together, we spent most of our time studying and with exams out of the way, it was really enjoyable.

Really thankful for this girl and although we started out as complete strangers, I am glad we managed to get along so well :) Explored photo apps recommended by Xiaxue as well which allowed me to design collages with such cute backgrounds and nice filters.

On Wednesday, met up with my old friends from Crescent for some Cafe hopping!! Was so excited for it because I really wanted to find some cute and attractive cafes in Singapore. Luckily for Sihui and Google maps, we managed to locate these cafes quite easily hahaha.

First stop, we headed straight for Orange Thimble! Ordered their American breakfast set and a Turkey ham sandwich which was shared amongst the three of us. Their American breakfast was SOOO good. It is that kind of breakfast set that I will go back for more.
This was my favourite out of all the cafes that we tried that day. Really loved the food there! The breakfast set cost about $13++ and the Turkey ham sandwich was $9++. Really value for money cos we were soo full after that hahaha. Furthermore, the ambience in the cafe was really nice. A really nice place to chill over some good food with friends! 

The Orange Thimble
Tuesday to Thursday, Sunday: 0900-2130
Friday to Saturday: 0900-2300
Closed on Mondays
#01-68, 56 Eng Hoon Street
+65 62238068

Tiong Bahry Bakery was next on our list since it was right beside Orange Thimble. As much as everyone have been raving about this place, this was actually my first time trying hahaha. Because we were still full from brunch at Orange Thimble, we ordered this puff that we shared amongst us. It was sweet and crispy and it wasn't too oily. The portion was huge too and it only cost $4. However, although TBB is very highly praised and really popular, I personally felt that it was a little over rated. 


Tiong Bahru Bakery
Monday to Sunday: 0800-2200
#01-70, 56 Eng Hoon Street
+65 62203430

Our third cafe for the day was Poteato! This was another of my personal favourite cos I loveeee the food there and I really love the cafe as well. With the Christmas decorations in place and Christmas songs blasting, it added to the cosiness of the shop! Spent over 2 hours in the shop but it was so comfortable that we did not want to leave. The food there was really yummy too! This is one cafe that I will definitely go back to. Furthermore, the friendly staff there will make you feel comfortable there as well. 


 Apricot peach juice! Refreshing and not too sweet

White chocolate cheesecake and truffle fries. Delicious! Great as some snacks and dessert after our mains earlier. 

Poteato
Tuesday to Friday: 1100-2200
Saturday: 1000-2200
Sunday: 1000-2100
Closed on Mondays
#01-18, 78 Yong Siak Street
+65 62212488

Lastly, we headed over to Butterscotch. It is a newly opened cafe around Bukit Merah and it is also a halal cafe. It was along a row of pretty old looking shops at a housing block. The cafe is pretty small and I thought it was pretty squeezy actually. The choices on the menu was pretty limited and they have only like 4 mains. The rest were dessert and drinks. Basically it is a place that I will not return to another time. I guess I visited it for its novelty. It wasn't a bad experience there but nothing special and does not attract me to visit it again. 

 Xinyi's Ramly meets Wendy burger. Nothing special and was just average 
Churros with chocolate sauce! This was pretty nice but their churros was a little too hard. Would be nicer if it was softer though

Souffle ($14) which was one of their recommended dessert. This was quite good. Not too sweet and it comes with  a scoop of salted caramel/butterscotch ice cream (couldn't figure out) and chocolate sauce. Serving was huge too! 

Butterscotch Cafe
Tuesday to Sunday: 0830-2200
Closed on Mondays
Blk 164 Bukit Merah Central #01-3625
Singapore 150164

It was a really happy day for me because I was in the company of good old friends and yummy food :) So thankful for my friends from secondary school and that we can still have endless conversation despite not meeting up after a long while! Looking forward to the New Year chalet with the same bunch and with more who weren't there with us too :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment